Please see the letter below from Beth Turton on behalf of CISV Sheffield.
CISV or Childrens International Summer Villages is a charity founded over sixty years ago. Its purpose is to educate and inspire action for a more just and peaceful world. CISV fosters the development of cooperation, friendly relationships, effective communication and leadership skills – irrespective of cultural backgrounds.
We have places for children aged eleven years to attend International Summer Villages in China and Canada next summer 2019. Many children from Sheffield have benefited from the experiences of these villages in the forty years we have been sending delegates to them.
The primary aim of CISV is to allow young people to learn about each other, make new friends and enjoy activities with them and it is also an educational opportunity that benefits children’s future development.
You may wish to note the following points about CISV:
– CISV has neither political nor religious affiliations
– International Villages last for four weeks. Each one is staffed by CISV members and hosts up to twelve delegations from various countries.
– A delegation consists of two boys and two girls who must be eleven but not twelve at the time of travel, accompanied by an adult CISV leader. All CISV leaders are fully DBS checked, and CISV has an extensive safeguarding policy.
– CISV participation is more than just a holiday and includes preparations for a Village.
– Accommodation and hospitality are provided by CISV, travel costs by the parents.
– CISV Sheffield retains the right to decide which children shall be selected as delegates and which Village they will attend
If your child would like to be considered for one of our Villages next summer, please come to the information evenings held on Sunday 25th November and the following Sunday, 2nd December at Beauchief Baptist Church, Hutcliffe Wood Road, Sheffield S8 0EY from 6-8pm. The first Sunday will be an opportunity for parents to find out more about a CISV
Village experience and what it involves and for your child to learn a bit more about what goes on at a village camp through games, activities and a chat.
More information about CISV programmes can be found at cisv.org/cisv-programmes/village and you can check out our new Facebook group CISV Sheffield
Beth Turton on behalf of CISV Sheffield